New Year, another Sunday, another book tag.
I’m finally getting back into some tag posts that I’ve had bookmarked to do forever, and I’ve seen so many people do this Anti-TBR tag and it just looks like so much fun.
Before getting started, this tag was created by Nicole & Her Books so make sure you go check our her youtube channel and support her.
1. A popular book EVERYONE loves that you have no interest in reading?
Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
I’ve read a good bit from the Shadowhunters world, but it’s not a favorite series of mine my any means. And I only like listening to them from my library so 1) I don’t have to spend any money on it and 2) I have to put little to no effort in the reading the story. But the time period of this series (and The Infernal Devices) does nothing for me.
2. A classic book (or author) you don’t have an interest in reading?
Like all of them. Dead serious. I have no interest in reading any classics (I might pick up Little Women, but I don’t know yet). The only interest I have in classics is retellings.
3. A problematic author whose books you have no interest in reading?
I read the Twilight series in high school when they came out, but I didn’t like them and haven’t read anything else from her – and have no plans to read from her in the future.
4. An author you have read a couple of books from & have decided their books are not for you?
I’ve read 3 books from Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds, Passenger, and Lore) and haven’t really loved anything. I have such high hopes for her books, and I have never really loved the execution.
5. A genre you have no interest in OR a genre you tried to get into & couldn’t?
Historical Romance. I can’t write it off for sure, because I’ve never read any historical romance – but I’ve never wanted to pick up any either, so I think that’s a big clue. And while I can enjoy historical romance in other formats (love TV series or movies), but books just seem like they’d be a bore.
6. A book you have bought but will never read? (this can be a book you have unhauled/returned to the library unread)
The Night World series by L.J. Smith.
I don’t feel that bad about this one because they were a gift and I wanted them because they’re so pretty. And I might pick one up if I feel the need to read a bad 90’s paranormal romance, so who knows, but probably not.
7. A series you have no interest in reading OR a series you started & have dnf’d?
The Witchlands series by Susan Dennard
I’ve read all 3 books in the series are out so far and I’ve rated each book lower in the series than the previous, so I’m calling it as not for me and don’t plan on picking up the 4th book when it comes out later this year.
8. A new release you have no interest in reading?
A Vow so Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer
I thought the first book was a lot of fun. Then the second was probably better, but I enjoyed it less so I don’t plan on picking up the conclusion that’s coming out this month.
What are some books you have no interest in reading? Should I change my mind about any of these? Share below!